Tips to get started
Know you can do it
- Plan something enjoyable to do every day that does not include tobacco
- Watch people around you who do not use tobacco
- Ask yourself do I really want THIS cigarette right now
- Wash the clothes you regularly wear
- Clean out your car
- Give away your ash trays
- Make a commitment to having a tobacco free home and car
- Find your triggers - pay attention to your smoking pattern
- Break the habit - come up with alternate activities
- Pick a quit date and mark it on the calendar
- Try reducing the amount of tobacco you use on a daily basis
- Plan ahead for cravings
- Take care of your body - breathe deeply, reduce caffeine, sip water, exercise
Call 1-800-QUITNOW or 1-800-784-8669 Or For Free Online Support Click Here
Hours of Operation
Monday through Thursday - 7 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Friday - 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Saturday - 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Sunday - Voicemail is available
Days of Operation
The Mississippi Tobacco Quitline is open Monday through Saturday except for recognized holidays: Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, and Thanksgiving Day.